Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Beauty: Summer Lovin' Haul

There is no better way to start off summer than to purchase a bunch of new beauty products I've been wanting to try. I went a little crazy because I haven't bought anything in a while, so brace yourselves! (Warning to all: this is a very long post!)

It drove me nuts trying to get this picture to be somewhat decent ...

24 Hour Color Tattoo Metal Eyeshadows in Barely Branded and Inked in Pink by Maybelline I thought that Barely Branded would look weird on my olive skin tone, but I love it so much already. When I use it as a base and add Half Baked (by Urban Decay) on top, it is so bright and shiny. (I love bright and shiny. You'll be hearing me describe things as "shiny" a lot, by the way.) I haven't tried Inked in Pink yet, but it is super nice and creamy. Don't be surprised if I end up purchasing the whole collection in a month ...

Colour Caresse Wet Shine Stain in 190 Endless Red by L'Oreal
I've heard a lot of mixed reviews about this (both in general and in comparison to the YSL glossy stains) so I wanted to try it for myself. Lip stains are also my favorite lip products, so I couldn't really stay away for that long.

Lip Butter in Raspberry Rosé Kiss by Nivea
The scent is very artificial, but I love fruity scents so it doesn't bother me. I wish it came in a stick form because I hate the idea of dipping my fingers in a sticky substance, but the container is cute nonetheless.

Colour Riche Lipstick in 710 Mulberry by L'Oreal
Because my lips are fairly pigmented, it's hard for me to shop for lip colors. After looking at all the shades in this collection, I decided on this one because I knew it was dark enough. I haven't seen it on my lips in natural daylight yet, but it's quite purple.

Colorstay Smoky Shadow Stick in 201 Torch by Revlon
I'll be honest; I only bought this because I've seen Amarixe (from YouTube) use it a bunch of times in her tutorials. Yeah that's it.

Love is Heavenly Body Mist by Victoria's Secret
For some reason, I've never thought of using body mist or body spray. I like to make sure that I can smell myself (I know I'm strange), so I always stick with using perfume because it's strong. However, I've been wanting something lighter so I came across while I was browsing the store and I instantly fell in love. Their website describes it smelling like "water lily, mandarin flower, and luminous musk" and I can't stop smelling it whenever I see it in my room now.

Nearly Naked Foundation in 170 Natural Beige by Revlon
I thought it was time for me to purchase a real foundation instead of mixing my Dream Mousse concealer with my moisturizer. Not that the mixing was a problem (because it worked really nicely), but I wanted to see if there was something that could give me better coverage. I've only worn this once so far and I really liked it.

De-Slick Oil-Control Makeup Setting Spray by Urban Decay
Although powder helps me control the oil on my forehead, I'm not someone who will carry it around in my backpack/crossbody bag and apply it throughout the day. I've heard that this lasts so it's time to try it out! I have high hopes because Urban Decay is a great brand :)

Fresh Effects Refreshing Make-Up Removal Cloths by Olay
It smells very much like hair dye, which isn't good because I do not want to smell like I wiped hair dye all over my face, and it stings my eyes. I'll finish the pack, but I don't think I'll repurchase these again.

The end is finally here! I didn't realize that it would be so long, so thank you for reading if you did. I hope your week is going well and that you're having a happy day.

ALSO, I have a Bloglovin' account now! So follow me there (by clicking here) if you'd like :)

3 comments:

  1. wow they all look like great products! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the L'Oreal Lip Shines! They're such pretty colours, I love the packaging... and I find that they last for ages on my lips too. Plus they double up as a cheek tint too :D xx

    Gemma ♥ | MissMakeupMagpie.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. the victoria's secret mist is amazing, isn't it? i got a sample about a year ago and immediately bought the mist. i love it.

    ReplyDelete